Wednesday, November 25, 2009

goin thro' a patch...

I got a call from my ophthalmologist in the morning. I had one the busiest 5 weekdays without even having to go to work. So I planned to slumber by daylight for the most part of the weekend. But the call changed everything. I dragged myself in the dirtiest of jeans with a v-neck red tee to go with. I landed at the doctor’s desk at 12:20 am for a 10 am appointment. She eyed me like she would see an insect with disgust.Three hours later I had my eye operated., I was lying on the bed looking up at the ceiling through one eye and the other eye nicely patched up.I looked like a pirate, who was missing his parrot.

My folks were pretty mad, when I landed myself in an auto with an eye patch and saying mater of factly,that I had a surgery. I had a tough time trying to get my parent's reactions through jus one eye.Neverthless, the yip yap continued before it finally ceased at bed time.I wasnt tired, but I went and seated myself in my room.A nap would not do any bad. And so I napped till midnight that day,until when a sudden pain shot right through my eye.Yes,the anesthetic finally wore off. The pain in my head was excruciating .I've never knew thats like it to feel an eye hurt.,I complained of head ache to my doc."Its your eye aching",she corrected me. It was onething to feel physical pain with your eyes open,.atleast u can see the pain., But it’s a different story to feel pain with your eyes closed.It was like someone had cut open your eye, and put a pebble into it and stitched your eye-lids to-gether…I know, it pains to even read it…

The patch was not to be removed for 3 days and guess what, it was the blissful 3 days in months. I informed my boss, that I will be working from home for the next week.,for which she muttered something like “as-long-as the-work-is-done”.I didn’t give a damn,I dropped a mail, to my onsite co-ordinator, that I will not be available to fix your nasty bugs for a week. I did everything with one eye thereon….

Watching TV and laptop was forbidden for 2 weeks. I watched “The ugly truth” , Wrong turn 1,2,3 movies with my bedroom door securely closed. I even drew an eye over the patch with my eye liner, It came out well..Only thing was, I got blasted royally by my mom for my silliness though dad found it very amusing.

Now, I ‘ve got my patch removed.Both the eyes are intact and working.So much for my patchy days...

12 comments:

sri said...

Wishes for a speedy recovery. My dad got operated in both eyes few times for several reasons, so I can understand your pain. Managers always say that, as long as the work.. sigh I wish they treat people as people and not reasources who do work and brings in money. That was cute thing you did drawing eye over the patch :) so did u manage to get a parrot ?

Get well soon dear

TheUncanny said...

Yep thanks Srivats!

My eyes are back to form now,and I can see things crystal clear. I can even count the hairs on the cute guy's goatee who lives next door..hehehe...My doc will be so proud of me!!! ;)

R-ambam said...

//I even drew an eye over the patch with my eye liner//

Crazy you !

sri said...

counting haird of cute guy LOL that sounds so weird and sexy at the same time. Now tht he is clear and appealing to ur eyes..Ask him out! :)

Carpe Diem said...

Hope u feeling good now .Take care

TheUncanny said...

@ R-ambam

;) yep, crazy like that..

@ Srivats

Ask him out?!?!? are ya kidding?
im a tamizh penn!!...always keep distance..hehe

@Carpe Diem.

Thanks alot..Life cant get any better now! ;)

gils said...

// I even drew an eye over the patch with my eye liner, //
ROTFL :D :D how the heck i missed this blog!! chaancela :D u rock madam

TheUncanny said...

@ gils..

nandri! nandri!
meedum varuga!

lakshmi said...

Hey machs...

U forgot one major thing..

Bugged my close friend (Laks) over the fone... Inspite of u juz replying "hmmmmmm", I kept entertaining U with non-stop nonsense...

So u shud thank me for that.

Deepika said...

:-) liked the eye-liner thingy!! so what really was the issue with the eye that you had to get operated?

TheUncanny said...

@ lakshmi

//Bugged my close friend (Laks) over the fone... //

Correction: Got bugged by a close frd.. hehe

TheUncanny said...

@ deepika

Yep, It was something like "collateral of the cornea of the topical of the ansethetic correction”"...in other words, the doc said u will be blind if u dont get operated now!!!...hehe