Monday, August 11, 2008

Like “ a Tower”


As a leany, tweeny teenager I was always fascinated by creations of opposite gender of towering height.Yes!..U heard me right, I like tall men. I’ve always fancied dreaming about walking hand in hand with a tall husky man (husky is optional), on a cold drizzly night in a meadow, he bent double to hold the umbrella for me or just sweep me off my feet during a gig or something. But bitter as it may seem ladies, we neither have that many "eligible" tall guys or meadows in Chennai…..Sad plight!!!

Having dedicated an entire decade, hanging by the rim of the basketball hoop, I’m pretty towering myself for an average girls’ height not to mention my still “leany tweeny” structure which adds another inch owing to optical illusion crap. At school,I was always shunted to the last row of the class room,at the beginning of every academic year, always pushed to the back of the line at morning assemblies,and at the game, I played “center” for my school team to the dismay of many of my seniors, only the tallest gets the honor to play that position.Though I had a few enemies amongst the seniors, I still made it to the main five.. Lucky me!!!!!

As the 600-member Chinese contingent filed into the bird’s nest stadium on Friday lead by “Yao Ming”(7ft 6”) affectionately called the "gentle-giant” bearing the national flag, the entire stadium was on its feet . With an air of “ Im not top of the world” , the Houston Rocket star, walked casually, as if he does this everyday routinely.He was easily the tallest amongst all competing in the game, towering over the stadium and mesmerizing the crowd and poor old me!


Well, Guys many might argue that a women’s fixation for “tall guys”, is totally dolt and superficial and Its unfair to the vertically challenged civilization. In fact, men find smaller women more attractive according to some “yet –another-British” survey. At the end of the day, I guess its all a matter of satisfying ones EGO. Guys like smaller women, so that they can physically and hence emotionally empower petite women as opposed to women of intimidating stature. And women, like taller guys for various reasons…(As mentioned above in my case ;)

But, through raw experience, all I can say is “all that glitters is not gold”…if u know what I mean!!!!

Me, running short of time now,( badly wanted to write this post for some reason)…..its 12am, the frequency of my typos is increasing now
Until next post! Later!

6 comments:

ra said...

i hope kavitha....u get ur man as tall as andre the giant so that u need a ladder to reach upto his face and kiss him.....hehe

TheUncanny said...

thx Rahul!

BTW, who's andre?? is he cute?? ;))

ra said...

oh he was a gr8 WWE wrestler....as tall as undertker...and no not smart.....not all tall guyz r smart yaar

Unknown said...

"andrew the giant"...he was 7 feet tall...ok kavi..all the very best kavi...seekirame 7 feet boy friend prapthidastu...

TheUncanny said...

Thanks for ur divine blessings Ranjini!

Animated Junk said...

Oh i love tall men tooo ;)